The Herbal Path to Weight Loss
There are many reasons for a person to start a new weight loss challenge. While the reasons may be different, the end result is usually a change of habits and a healthier lifestyle. Shedding extra pounds can be beneficial to your health.
Dieting options today are endless with new health programs, exercise routines and supplements being available on the market. For some, dieting pills have proved to be false promises but an herbal supplement has been the way to lose the weight safely and completely natural.
Herbs are any plant that is used for medicinal, health effects as well as for its taste (think cooking). Herbal supplements are an herb or a mixture of herbs that provide specific results. Some supplements can boost your immune system and help you lose weight naturally, all at the same time. They come in different forms, such as pills, powders, syrups or teas.
Losing weight with an herbal supplement is a very popular method because of the subtle effects that are not harmful for your body or forcing it to unsafely shed extra pounds.
With so many herbal supplement choices, you can consider the following options:
- Herbal weight loss products
Online searches for herbal weight loss products can produce thousands of results. The herbal weight loss supplement market has been saturated with false claims and products that are not safe. The FDA has not done enough research on some of the herbal supplements, therefore effects and side effects of herbal supplements are sometimes not immediately known to consumers.
Mixing herbal supplements with over-the-counter or prescription medication can be harmful to your health and can lead you away from your weight loss goal. Discuss your medications with a physician, including any herbs and herbal supplements you may be using at the time.
Before you start a new herbal supplement, here are some herbal weight loss products that can be harmful:
– St. John’s Wart is a plan with yellow flowers, whose effective uses date back to ancient Greece. It has long been used to treat depression and even as a sedative. The herb also interacts with some other drugs, affecting the way the body processes or breaks down drugs. The supplement can also increase sensitivity to sunlight, dry mouth, dizziness, anxiety, headaches and fatigue to name a few.
– Senna (Cassia acutifolia) is a natural laxative extract. It is considered to be a powerful supplement that should be taken with serious caution. Senna works by stimulating the colon and can be found in over-the-counter laxatives and weight loss teas. Serious side effects of Senna are nausea, diarrhea and severe cramps. Senna can cause a serious condition called lazy bowel syndrome, in which cases people were unable to produce bowel movements without the supplement.
– Chromium picolinate is found in herbal supplement products. Chromium helps the hormone insulin to function properly and has been studied in diabetes research. Chromium picolinate has been shown to cause oxidative stress and DNA damage. Some of the symptoms can include skin rashes or blisters, urinating less than normal, fatigue, loss of appetite, headaches, nausea and dizziness.
With the power of online searching you can scrutinize every herbal product and their key ingredients. While they may claim to be safe and natural, these herbal pills may come with unwanted and troubling side effects.
Speaking of herbal measures, green tea is one that has been preferred by health experts for a long time alongwith supplements like leptitox, which has some excellent medicinal herbs that not only soften your insides but increase your metabolism so that the nutrients can be absorbed more quickly.
- Apple Cider Vinegar popularity is not something new, however its health benefits are remarkable. Some of them are increasing your energy, treating many common ailments, circulatory health, improving cholesterol level and weigh loss.
- Immortality Herb is also known as Gymnostemna Pentaphyllum. While it may not keep your alive forever, it will help you live a healthier life. Some of its benefits are regulating cholesterol levels, maintaining healthy blood pressure levels, enhances strength and endurance, supports the immune system, and helps with digestion which in turns helps to lose weight.
- Caffeine. The coffee you drink every morning is good to help get your day started, but it can also provide a boost in fat burning. By energizing you, caffeine helps keep you active and burn more calories.
- Green Tea has long thought to be a way to help fight obesity by burning extra calories. Green tea with caffeine can increase fat burning by 40%, making it a healthy way to reduce fat. A cup of green tea provides fast energy boost that lasts longer than caffeine alone.
- Organic Food may be the last on the list but it certainly deserves a lot of praise. Organic foods are more commonly found in every day grocery stores and are a healthier, more nutritious and safer option than conventional foods. Farms that grow organic produce do not use steroids or pesticide on their product, which eliminates harmful ingredients found in conventional and processed foods.